Kohala Coast Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremygreen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I know there have been lots of posts about ops on the Big Island, so sorry in advance.
I'm going to be staying north of Kona on the Kohala Coast, and I'm only going to do the manta night dive. I would like to find a good operator near my hotel, so that I don't have to drive an hour back after a night dive.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

"THE" manta dive that you hear about is off the Kona airport which is just north of Kailua.

You could check to see if Kohala Divers or Mauna Kea Divers offer some sort of "manta dive" up north. It won't be the one you likely have heard about. I have heard of a "manta dive" under the lights off the Mauna Kea Resort in about 8-12 feet of water, but I don't know if it is as reliable or spectacular as the popular one down in Kona.

There are several smaller boats which go out of Honokohau Harbor north of Kailua which will save you about 20-25 minutes worth of boat ride on the way home after the dive. It won't get you that much closer to the resorts but it will likely get you home earlier.

Aloha,

Steve

jeremygreen:
Hi all. I know there have been lots of posts about ops on the Big Island, so sorry in advance.
I'm going to be staying north of Kona on the Kohala Coast, and I'm only going to do the manta night dive. I would like to find a good operator near my hotel, so that I don't have to drive an hour back after a night dive.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom