Lumbar Pad Options for Older D/R Plates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rock2r

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know what other lumbar pads (D/R or other MFG) will fit the original D/R backplate hole pattern for book screw attachment method-without drilling or customizing the pad or plate?

When I purchased my plate (4 years ago) the only D/R pad available was the one you had to "thread' through the harness(small pillow)-No Thanks!

Looking for a conventional book screw mount pad that I can remove and install on the ORIGINAL model plate(s) without having to re-weave the harness.

I see D/R has newer plates out now that are compatible to most back/lumbar pad hole patterns.

Thanks in advance.

A few years ago I had an Oxycheq plate and the back pad/pouch came with cable ties to attach it rather than book screws. That might be an option if you can't find something with the holes exactly aligned.

Thanks-don't know if I care for that one too much-still looks like a pillow in the video.

Just a suggestion - have you considered just not using a backpad?

I went through the same thing - trying to match pads to plates. As I got more into tech (cave, doubles, etc.) I found that most tech divers do not use them and that they did not add anything (unless you dive without any exposure protection or even a shirt). They just get wet, are a little buoyant, and usually disintegrate after a while. After I got rid of mine I found out that the rig was no less comfortable. I have even taken off the backpad on my Hollis SMS100 sidemount rig. Plus it solves the hole alignment problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom