rebel t2i + Tokina fisheye WITH HOOD question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctnjason

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im looking to purchase an Ikelite rig for my T2i and Tokina 10-17mm WITH HOOD.

My question is this, Does the fact that the hood is on the lens interfere with the ability to zoom in/all the way out ? What port / dome will be best for this setup? Ive seen Ikelite's website but the charts do not specify if the lens has the hood or not. Thanks!

Jason

Why are you insistent that it has a hood? My Tokina has four lips that hang off the front, but I'm not sure that would count as a proper hood. I would expect anything more would cause vignetting.

Why are you insistent that it has a hood? My Tokina has four lips that hang off the front, but I'm not sure that would count as a proper hood. I would expect anything more would cause vignetting.

Im "insistent" because according to BnH and other websites that sell the lens, in the description there is a specific acronym "NH" in the description Tokina AT-X 107 NH Fisheye 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Lens ATX107DXNHC

The "NH" stands for No Hood (im assuming). The lens that they sell with the "four lips that hang off the front", there is no NH in the description. The NH could stand for Nice Horse for all i know......

I never ever use hoods on my lenses when they are mounted in a housing. Some of my ports have abbreviated "hoods". My 100 mm port which is used for my Tokina has a hood of that type. If I orient that hood wrong, it will affect the image when I zoom out. I know this from orienting it wrong one day.

I wasn't aware they sold these lenses without the "hood." My lens with four things hanging off the front (a hood) fits just fine in an unmodified 6" dome port (Ikelite part #5503) when combined with my Canon T1i.

I wasn't aware they sold these lenses without the "hood." My lens with four things hanging off the front (a hood) fits just fine in an unmodified 6" dome port (Ikelite part #5503) when combined with my Canon T1i.

Thanks! I was under the impression that since the "hood/lips" werent that big, than they wont come in contact with the dome but was not sure. I got such a great deal on the lens that i couldnt pass it up. With that said, i will go for the 8inch dome just for a little extra room. Thanks for your help!

Im looking to purchase an Ikelite rig for my T2i and Tokina 10-17mm WITH HOOD.

My question is this, Does the fact that the hood is on the lens interfere with the ability to zoom in/all the way out ? What port / dome will be best for this setup? Ive seen Ikelite's website but the charts do not specify if the lens has the hood or not. Thanks!

Jason

Jason,

The Ikelite port chart is correct and does allow for the hood attachment: SLR Port Chart - Tamron, Tokina Lenses.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom