Nikon Coolpix 7000 and Fantasea FP7000 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A good deal, but the camera in this deal is a refurbished (by Nikon) camera, although it does carry a 'new' camera warranty from Nikon.
For $100 more you can get the Coolpix P7100 new, not refurbed and the Fantasea FP7100 housing.
Something to keep in mind - the P7000 was replaced by the P7100, which has been replaced by the P7700. So the P7000 is a couple of generations old.

Thanks, I just thought for $500 it looked like a good buy. It would be an upgrade to my sealife DC-800.
A good deal, but the camera in this deal is a refurbished (by Nikon) camera, although it does carry a 'new' camera warranty from Nikon.
For $100 more you can get the Coolpix P7100 new, not refurbed and the Fantasea FP7100 housing.
Something to keep in mind - the P7000 was replaced by the P7100, which has been replaced by the P7700. So the P7000 is a couple of generations old.

It would definitely be an upgrade to your DC800. However beware that while the P7000 (which was introduced in 2010) is a very good camera with excellant image quality, it had some problems. The main complaints were slow operational speed and glitchy on-screen menus. These issues were fixed in the P7100. If you can afford it, the $100 extra for the P7100 is more than worth the extra $$. The P7100 would be an upgrade over the DC1400.

I would probably spend the extra 100. I still have my sealife strobe, could I use it with that camera and housing?

If your sealife strobe has a slave sensor that triggers it to fire in sync with the on-camera flash it should work.
One other thing, the $600 price is not through Fantasea. Their 'deal' is $750 for a refurbed P7100 and the FP7100 housing. Check the major New York camera stores, such as B&H Photo (www.bhphotovideo.com). Their current price is $300 for a new P7100 and $300 for the FP7100 housing. I have been buying photo gear from them for more than 20 years. They are an excellant source for photo equipment.

My sealife strobe has a optic cord.

I did notice the pricing and the difference between Fantasea and BH. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom