Suunto Cobra First Gen Won't Go into Dive Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

My First Gen Suunto Cobra Dive Computer wouldn't enter dive mode today. It measures pressure just fine but won't enter dive mode. Any ideas? I'm not sure I'd want to spend a lot to fix it since I've had it for several years.

Thanks!

Soak it over night in a mix of vinegar and warm water. A 1:4 ratio should do it. It may be the case that the contacts are corroded with mineral deposits as well as the depth sensor.

This is a not uncommon problem (search the forum). Mine did the same. Tried the soaking. No improvement. Suunto told me that there was no fix since the water sensor is not replaceable. They wouldn't offer any price break on a new one. So I won't be buying another Suunto.

Soak it over night in a mix of vinegar and warm water. A 1:4 ratio should do it. It may be the case that the contacts are corroded with mineral deposits as well as the depth sensor.

I tried this and it worked!!! Thanks so much for the tip.

It was an Aeris XR1 that was giving me the problem.

Back
Top Bottom