Request for DRIS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herb-alaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It would be really cool if you would take the body of the shorty and use it as a platform to build a video light and keep the price point of the shorty the

the size and weight is perfect please keep the double a battery pack. It is easy to have duplicates and swap out during my SI

the burn time is great

just need to broaden the beam and remove the hot spot

thanks and then put me down for four

herb-Alaska

( yes this is a duplicate post to replace the one that disappeared )

It would be really cool if you would take the body of the shorty and use it as a platform to build a video light and keep the price point of the shorty the

the size and weight is perfect please keep the double a battery pack. It is easy to have duplicates and swap out during my SI

the burn time is great

just need to broaden the beam and remove the hot spot

thanks and then put me down for four

herb-Alaska

( yes this is a duplicate post to replace the one that disappeared )

Double battery pack?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Well, he does need to make one available anyway! LOL

Problem is, for a good video light, you need more power. The reason is when you don't have a light focused, your spreading all the usable light out over a bigger area, which makes more light over a bigger area, but less brightness. We could easily make the shorty a video light, and have a great output. Only problem is it won't be bright enough.

So, we need more LEDs, to overcome the brightness. More LEDs require more power....the AA design won't work very well for what I would deem quality for our name. It would have to have more of a power source, like our C version :wink:. It would cut down the burn time from 5-6 hours, but still be more than enough burn time for a couple dives.

Problem is, for a good video light, you need more power. The reason is when you don't have a light focused, your spreading all the usable light out over a bigger area, which makes more light over a bigger area, but less brightness. We could easily make the shorty a video light, and have a great output. Only problem is it won't be bright enough.

So, we need more LEDs, to overcome the brightness. More LEDs require more power....the AA design won't work very well for what I would deem quality for our name. It would have to have more of a power source, like our C version :wink:. It would cut down the burn time from 5-6 hours, but still be more than enough burn time for a couple dives.

Sounds like you have it nailed. Just need to add one more thing, it will need a clamp on ball mount or a threaded boss to attach a ball mount. Anything comparable to this in in the $500 range. When you get it done count me in for two, I would even be in for a pre buy to make sure we get this light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom