no fly info sems "a bit" off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
DG05 - brand new computer. did two dives. One on the 24th, 26 minutes to 28 feet, to test config, etc.
1 dive today (28th) of 35 minutes to 27 ft, to retest config and get the air integration working. What was missing from the manual is that there is a second screen you have to go to WHILE DIVING, to manually set a mode from TTS to HP. Also, there can not be two gasses with the same O2/He content in your gas list (which makes SideMount diving a bit weird if you want the correct gas pressure on your screen at first glance) So, I dove with Air and Nx 20 (chosen the more conservative) to be able to track my switches. (The ability to label gasses would be grant!!)

Back on the boat, check the log. Nice! Check the dive planner and No fly info.

Eeuh #1 --> allowed only 1 minute on 100, 101 and 102 ft for the next dive? --> well, going back home it is... :(
Eeuh #2 --> 54 hours no fly time, Desat time 72 hours?

If i would extrapolate these results over the stretch of a regular workweek, I would not be allowed in an airplane ever again... clearly this is wrong info.
The ONLY thing I can think of is that I accidently left the simulator on, on a dive to 168ft or so and that data is added to the real (non sim) profile.

Has anybody encountered this? How was this solved? Sit out the 72 hours?

Thanks for helping out....

---------- Post added December 29th, 2012 at 01:22 PM ----------

Allright, my friend Marc also bought the DG05 and went diving with it today. After the dive (70ft for 40 mins) his computer gave identical deco info as his backup computer. So it DOES work correctly. However, after going to the dive planner mini screen and increasing the depth to 132ft (automatically gives only 1 min time at depth - which seems correct) it will display 1 minute for ALL depths, even if you decrease the depth to 40ft after. Checking No Fly time and Desat, the absorbsion graph, which was YELLOW before planning, had turned RED and the no fly time and desat time had gone up.
So, basically, there must be a bug in the dive planner. Firmware v2.12, by the way. Would be cool to know if this was a known issue and if it's fixed in 2.20

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom