Wisdom 3 and Windows 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike L

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently had to purchase a new laptop that came with Windows 8. I now can't download my dive info (logs) from my Wisdom 3 as none of the USB drivers provided by Sherwood Scuba's webpage worked. I address this concern to SS and they assured me that this was in the works and currently waiting for Microsoft. So, in short if you are in the same situation as I am? it's just a waiting game. I was told that this would be sorted out early in this new year. Happy New Year and safe diving.:coffee:

I haven't tried it yet but it supposed to work on a similar computer. Let everybody know if it works.

Install USB Driver on Windows 8 (Workaround)

12/3/12

1. From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
  2. Click ‘Change PC Settings’.
  3. From PC Settings, click ‘General’.
  4. Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
  5. Wait a bit.
  6. Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
  7. Click ‘Advanced Options’
  8. Click ‘Startup Settings’
  9. Click Restart
  10. When your computer restarts, select ‘Disable driver signature enforcement‘ (or press 7) from the list. You can now install the USB driver after Windows restarts.
  11. To install the PC download software or USB driver: from Metro Start Screen, click “Desktop”, download and install the software/USB driver from Sherwood website.

NCadiver,

It works, thanks a million.

Mike

---------- Post added January 2nd, 2013 at 03:02 PM ----------

NCadiver

I have informed Sherwood Scuba on Facebook and mentioned you as the person who gave me the solution to this problem.
Thanks again

Mike

I have the same issue, but with a Wisdom 2, and the workaround isn't working for me. Any other ideas? I'm heading to Indonesia in 13 days for a bucket list dive trip, so am getting desperate here . . ..

---------- Post added April 12th, 2013 at 02:03 PM ----------

I think I got it. The 64-bit driver is on the Sherwood website under "USB Driver - Windows XP/Vista/7", not "USB Driver - Windows Vista/7/8".

The method I plan to pursue is to get rid of Windows 8 ASAP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom