Riviera Yacht Charters with Beach Cities Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parsch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just found out about an opportunity to go diving with Beach Cities Scuba on the Riviera Yacht Charters in a couple weeks during my trip to San Clemente. Any thoughts or advice on this outfit and the trips? Diving out of Dana Point would really make it easy for me.

Greetings,
Although I have not been on the Riviera as of yet. They are on my list of local dive boats to visit. They dive a WW2 wreck that is similar to a ship my father served on during the war. Catalina is great diving for a day. But I prefer the ease of boat diving. So Calif. has a great selaction of operations to choose from. So if you don't mind driving a little bit ( 1 hr. + -), it will open up your possiablities & choices.

Good Divin
SoCalRich

I've done one dive trip with Riviera. It was not the wreck dive but two reef dives off Laguna. I would maybe consider going with them on the wreck dive but not the reef dives again. We used them on a weekend when an out-of-town friend was visiting and all our standard boats were full or on multi-day trips. We live in LA so driving down to Dana Point really didn't make much sense. And coming from our direction we drove past Laguna only to motor back up to it. We dived two reefs off Laguna not far away from where we shore dive. Besides the three of us experienced divers there was one other experienced diver, 8 students and 3 instructors for a total of 15 divers on that small boat. With the students there was gear all over the deck, you could hardly walk without stepping on it. The dives were okay, maybe a little better than typical Laguna beach dives, but not nearly as good as Catalina or other Channel Island dives. The two crew were great and very helpful, we even went for beers with them after diving. But we told them that they put too many divers on that little boat. I guess if you are down in that area and you are really short on time getting in two dives with them in the morning wouldn't be a bad way to go but if you really want to get in some good California diving I'd make the effort to head up to Long Beach or San Pedro and do a boat to Catalina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom