Diving the Rothesay in Winter with 50+ Foot Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skippy31

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well we had a chance to visit the Rothesay again. Water was very cold, but it was worth it as the visibility was awesome.

A cold dive but well worth the effort.

Mat.

[video=youtube;7YQ9WclveRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YQ9WclveRM[/video]

So that's what the Rothsay looks like in 50 ft viz, thanks, never dived it.

Nice! Went few weeks ago and viz was only 15 feet.

Nice video! I was wondering what the access of the dive sites in the river was like, got my answer... I'm thinking snowshoes will be useful this year to get to dive sites ;-)

Great video Mat!! Visibility is awsome.
Too damn cold for me though. Roataan in Feb for me. :) Should be nice and warm :wink:

Well we did another dive here yesterday. Vis was more or less back to normal. It was obvious it has been quite windy a day or two before as there was a bunch of ice pushed up on shore quite high. Seems still cold water with few waves is the recipe for good vis.

Mat.

Vis in A-Bay was a little murky this morning as well. Maybe about 35-40' at 100' at the beach area. Water is definitely getting colder, I had 35* F under. Snowing pretty good when we surfaced 40 min later. Hate changing out of the drysuit and ending up wet. However it is winter here in the north and snow or not I'm going diving!!!

Mat, can ya show some video footage of you getting to and into the water, with all the snow and ice around the entry point its gotta be tough going. I know even dry the rocks and edges are slippery enough climbing in and out.
Maybe a good training video for those of us that havent yet attempted winter dives or maybe thinking about trying them.
Personally, im diving the caribean till the water hits at least 55. :wink:
Well maybe 50 :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom