"L" shaped locking device on 8" dome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctnjason

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just recently received my 8 inch dome and noticed the manual included with the dome has a L shaped locking device instruction where as http://www.ikelite.com/downloads/instructions/Ports_pdf/Dome_8_inst.PDF does not. Is this locking device necessary with the 4 point bayonet system? Ive had LOTS of trouble getting the port/dome onto the housing even without that L shaped locking mechanism on. I want to firmly push it down into the housing but i dont want to shove it in. It doesnt seem to want to go.

Also, i have the rebel t2i housing and #5510.11 wide port

I just recently received my 8 inch dome and noticed the manual included with the dome has a L shaped locking device instruction where as http://www.ikelite.com/downloads/instructions/Ports_pdf/Dome_8_inst.PDF does not. Is this locking device necessary with the 4 point bayonet system? Ive had LOTS of trouble getting the port/dome onto the housing even without that L shaped locking mechanism on. I want to firmly push it down into the housing but i dont want to shove it in. It doesnt seem to want to go.

Also, i have the rebel t2i housing and #5510.11 wide port

ctnjason,

As noted on page #6 of the instruction manual, the port locks must be in the down and locked position in order for the #5510.11 port body to bayonet onto the housing front. Also, the o-ring should be lightly lubricated as noted on page #7.

The L-shaped locking device is not required, but is recommended to keep the port from accidentally reverse rotating on the housing and possible coming off underwater. I will email you the manual for the #5510.11.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Ctnjason,
I have the same housing and dome but use the Modular Dome Port Lock made by Underwatercamerastuff.com. A great design and easy to install. Never cared for the L-lock, sorry Ikelite. I also picked up a flood alarm from the afore mentioned website.

Back
Top Bottom