Hello guys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Badge353

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I posted an introduction in the intro area but thought I would drop a quick line here in SoCal. I am new to diving and am working on my OW certification now in Central California through Sports Chalet. Have a quick question I will be doing my open water dives off the Spectre at Anacapa Island. I am not familiar with the area however from research it appears to a be a popular boat and dive area. I'm exicted to start my dive career and am just curious as to what types of marine life can I expect to see around Anacapa Island?

Depends on which dive sites you're going to. For checkout dives, usually the sites are very benign: shallow and sandy. Frankly, I think that you'd be too busy focusing on your skill drills to really notice anything exotic. You'd see fishies and sea urchins and that'd be about it.

I posted an introduction in the intro area but thought I would drop a quick line here in SoCal. I am new to diving and am working on my OW certification now in Central California through Sports Chalet. Have a quick question I will be doing my open water dives off the Spectre at Anacapa Island. I am not familiar with the area however from research it appears to a be a popular boat and dive area. I'm exicted to start my dive career and am just curious as to what types of marine life can I expect to see around Anacapa Island?
Are you going this weekend? If so I'll be on the same boat.

I noticed you saw the sea lion video that was recently posted. We saw some friendly Harbor Seals that day too! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom