105mm Macro f2.8 VR & 60mm in same ikelite port?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJScubaDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone had any experience using a Nikkor 105mm Macro f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR & 60mm Macro f/2.8 ED AF-S with the same ikelite port? If I can I'd like to be able to use both of these lenses without having two separate ports. Any thoughts?

You could shoot the 60mm behind the port for the 105mm lens but you will not be able to get as close to the subject, harder to fill the frame.

FYI here is a page with a Housing and Port Finder. Put in your camera and it will give you available housings. Put in your camera and housing and lens and it will give you available ports, gears and extensions needed* See search mode in middle of page Shop for underwater diving cameras, housings, lighting and accessories from major manufacturers

*Note: search engine is only for housing and mfgs carried by vendor. Not all lenses listed. Not all cameras listed. Not all lenses or cameras supported or recommended by housing manufacturers. Recommended to confirm Housing-gear-extension-port combinations with vendor prior to purchase. Feature in ongoing development and refinement.

I am not sure about the Ikelite ports, but with Nauticam ports you can use your port for the 60 mm Nikon Macro with the 105 Nikon Macro if you get the port extender. You might be able to do something similar with the Ikelite Ports.

I use the modular port with my 60 and 105 and simply(???) pull one spacer out for the 60. The ??? is because there are times when disassembling the modular is anything but simple. Now that I've moved to the VR version and got the manual focus spacer, I'll have to carry the additional spacer for the 60.

I have both lenses and use the same port on the aquatica system. I just need to use a port extension with the 105. I am not sure about ikelite.

Back
Top Bottom