Where is best for Technical training in the Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kfraser

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi I would like to carry out some extensive Technical training over the next six months or so in the Philippines eg. Nitrox Diver through to full Trimix courses, technical wreck and CCR. Ideally I would like somewhere that offers great diving surfing and also has a range of resorts and shops around so there is choice to apply for DM or videograpahy work. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Speak to DevonDiver on this board. If I am not mistaken he operates from the Philippines

Hi I would like to carry out some extensive Technical training over the next six months or so in the Philippines eg. Nitrox Diver through to full Trimix courses, technical wreck and CCR. Ideally I would like somewhere that offers great diving surfing and also has a range of resorts and shops around so there is choice to apply for DM or videograpahy work. Has anyone got any recommendations?
Puerto Galera fit the bill handsomely.
Couple of places can offer excellent tec training eg. Capt'n Gregg's(Mark Cox) and Tec Asia(Sam Collett, GUE centre).
Have a word with Chuck at Capt'n Gregg's for his deep exploration with the late John Bennett.
But if you are looking for CCR then Paul Neilsen(tech-divers.com) is the man. Well over 15yrs on CCR training.

Tech Asia (Asia Divers) in PG - Sam Collett, Ferg Aldo etc IANTD
Boardwalk in Subic - George Ang Du Pay TDI
Evolution in Malapascua - Matt Reed TDI
Savedra in Cebu - Lee Butler TecRec
Manila Dive Academy (based Manila, but dive mostly Anilao/Batangas) - Karl Hurwood TecRec (was also UTD)

and little 'ole me, the freelance vagabond who goes everywhere LOL TecRec & ANDI (sidemount/technical wreck)

Also;

Bruce Konefe for anything CCR, cave or ANDI tech. ANDI and 12+ CCR Unit Qs

Xavier Mendiolagaray, another freelance tech/cave instructor, if you're down in Surigao area.

Miko Zulueta for your GUE stuff. GUE

List is by no means exhaustive... just who springs immediately to mind (apologies to those listed, if I got any details wrong/incomplete).

Drop me a line for some impartial advice... I don't do hard sell.

Andy, aka DevonDiver, has the right attitude about tech diving and training. Through conversations I have had with him I can tell he cares about his students and works hard to properly train divers. Andy would be a good choice.

I've trained with Sam Collett and Matt Reed and recommend them both. Can't speak for or against any of the others.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom