Software for Sherwood Wisdom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitepointer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have had my Sherwood Wisdom 2 for about two years now and never had a problem with it until now. I recently swiped my hard drive, reinstalled everything but now when I try to download the software from Sherwood, I get a "malicious attack" warning and statement saying that this software is not safe to install. Is this correct? Has anyone else encountered this as well, or is it simply turning off my anti virus off to install the program? I sent Sherwood an e-mail almost two weeks ago but never got a response from them? Anything will help-thanks!!!

It sounds like your virus protection does not recognize Sherwood as a safe site to download from. I downloaded software last week from a site that I knew was safe and got a similar warning from my Microsoft Essentials virus protection. It would actually stop the download and I had to click on resume to get it to restart. The Sherwood software should be safe. You had it before and I have not heard of any users having any virus issues with their software.

Awesome, thanks for responding. I just wanted to see if any other uses had encountered this before, before I went ahead and did this. Thanks again!!!

They never paid microsoft fee to certify the software that why you are getting the warning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom