Only 5 dives away!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Almost congratulations!! I'll watch for your email :wink:

Shirley

I got my 100th! I did a longer cave dive & then 4 shorter Intro level dives with a buddy, who is working towards his full cave rating. What a busy, but great day.:D

Congratulations!!!!!! It is a great feeling and I am happy you made them safely!
Here is to 100 more safe dives, and many more after that!

Thanks! I plan to; & I plan to keep learning. I was very much humbled this last 2 days in my cave DPV course. I am going tot take my lessons learned & practie until it is second nature.Shirley, I got the paperwork done & signed. Just have to send it in.

Congrats. 5 dives in a day - wow. Love to see the profiles.

Jeff

haha, I think I saw you today getting your paperwork filled out :D

Congrats. 5 dives in a day - wow. Love to see the profiles.

Jeff

I'll be honest, 1 was a full cave dive with some other cave divers in our group & the other 4 were with an Intro diver (on 1/6th's), so rather short dives. I was trying to help him learn to navigate the Gallery & Lips at Ginnie without wearing himself out so bad. We had a great time & he started to really get good at it.

---------- Post added January 19th, 2013 at 08:37 AM ----------

haha, I think I saw you today getting your paperwork filled out :D

Yep! You got it!

Congrats Tammy and to be assisting others in discovering what you have already fell in love with...priceless. I have a few more to go to reach my 100th. Take care.

On another note, I wound up getting a huge serving of humble pie during my Cave DPV course. It kicked my butt massively. I was so tense during the dives that my air consumption went through the roof. I could easily swim the same distance with the air I consumed on the dives. My "fun meter" was virtually non- existent. I was a complete newbie again, thinking "what the hell did I get myself into?"..... But on the positive side, I was reminded there is always room for improvement, and, as an instructor, I can better relate to my Open Water student's struggles as they learn to dive. I needed that..... Now to practice here at home & get more comfortable & confident & go back next time to finish up. I also get to do it again with my rebreather, as I will begin to learn it in the coming weeks.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom