Mares Puck Air integrated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

benhdavis

Registered
Reaction score
I recently bought a mares puck air with compass and I was about to plug it into the 1st stage but I seems odd to me that it would be air integrated without having a hole in the tube to the computer. I am pretty new to all this so I'm hoping someone can just tell me I'm dumb.

IMG_20130118_201913.jpg

I looked at my wife's computer and it had something where I see nothing but metal so I'm not sure I'm looking at this right.

IMG_20130118_201929.jpg

I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly, but that tiny pin prick hole (top pic) is the high pressure inlet. Air flows through there, and straight to the PUCK allowing it to read how much pressure is in the tank.

Then the high pressure air flows through the rest of the regulator 'first stage'. There it is reduced to 'Intermediate Pressure', before being reduced further to 'Ambient Pressure' in your second stage.

Yep, I had one of these as well.

As supergaijin writes...that little hole is all it needs.

Cheers!

Instead of starting a new thread on the same product, I was wondering what was the general opinion on this product ? It seems to be extremely aggressively priced for an air integrated computer. Being an utter beginner, I'm under the impression that having this feature is very convenient, almost essential.

Long story short, for the price is there a better combination ?

Instead of starting a new thread on the same product, I was wondering what was the general opinion on this product ? It seems to be extremely aggressively priced for an air integrated computer. Being an utter beginner, I'm under the impression that having this feature is very convenient, almost essential.

Long story short, for the price is there a better combination ?

I think the price is down right now because Mares has come out with a replacement for the Puck Wrist, now the Puck Pro wrist computer.

I imagine that the air integrated Puck pro will soon come out.

Air integration is nice...but I still carry an analog spg as a back up and plan my air on any deeper or longer dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom