Anyone try LOB Komodo w/ Blue Dragon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nautica2706

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to Komodo with the bluedragon next month. Anyone have any experience with them?

All i know is their sister ship bluedragon 2 sunk and thats about it.

This April-May I had 14 days trip on Blue Dragon from Maumere to Komodo. Yes , it’s not very expensive boat but with very friendly and experienced crew. I spent two wonderful weeks with them

I was on the blue dragon in August 2013. Great crew, however i was disappointed.

The owners didn't book our round trip domestic tickets... so we got screwed.
On the first day, we landed hours later than planned. They "claimed" our flight time was changed by the airline. When we got to the boat, their were other divers on the boat who were waiting for us. They had taken the earlier flight.

Then, they lied to us about our return flights to Bali. They claimed it was booked and blamed the airline saying it was cancelled... They hadn't booked our return flight, and when they tried, there was no availability, so they booked it for the next day. This caused us to miss our return flight home. If we knew this earlier we would have booked our return journey later...or spent a night in Bali rather than in Lebuan Bajo.

If they managed this better and didnt lie to us the whole week while we were diving it wouldn't have been that bad an experience.

Boatwise the boat seems to be getting run down. 1 of the 2 of the shared toilets didn't work... the staff didn't clean the toilets often enough so it regularly smelled bad. We had to remind them to clean the toilets.

Rooms were cleaned regularly and was very comfortable. Air Conditioners worked really well (we mostly used it at night). The sundeck, dinner area was always clean. Only problem with the rooms was that the boat was infested with baby cockroaches. We would wake up or, post dive, be greeted with baby roaches all over the sink in the room.

The food wasn't impressive either, my friend who went diving with them previously said their previous chef was much better (and that his experience on the boat on his first trip with them was much better too).

Overall - I recommend avoiding this operator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom