Indonesia trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Szczerber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

My wife and came back from our first trip to Indonesia (also first trip to Asia). We stayed 10 days to N Sulawesi (Bunaken and Lembeh). We stayed at Two Fish Divers in both locations. We took a day trip to Bangka Island, which was awesome. Afterwards we flew to Bali and moved to Nusa Lembongan for 3 days diving with World Diving Lembongan. We were lucky and saw a Mola-Mola and mantas. Next we stayed in Tulamben at Matahari Tulamben Resort, dove the USAT Liberty Wreck and reef in the surrounding area. We ended our trip in Ubud, soaking in the Balinese culture and hospitality.
We were very happy with all the dive operators we stayed with and would definitely stay there again. All locations we dove are different and can provide you with a unique experience.
This is my first trip report and I believe images will paint a better picture than my description of the voyage. I created a short movie documenting our trip. Please keep in mind I am a complete amateur, this is my first video ever, first time shooting video underwater, first time recording myself playing guitar etc. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re4bnbnly4U

Enjoy

I like the video, and I appreciated the length too. Not too short, not too long, and it is well edited. I can't wait to visit Indonesia in 2014!

Good combo of top side and underwater.. also good combo of stills and video! Well done!

Now thats why i love Indonesia - you've captured it so well!

I wanted to you all for your kind words about the video. It means a lot.

Wow what an amazing whirlwind tour of Indo! And you pretty much saw it all!! From hairy froggy to Mola Mola!!
How would you compare the diving in Bali to Lembeh and Bangka?

Answering your question AlMitch. We really liked both locations, but I would definitely return to Lembeh and also spend more time in Bangka. Lembeh is known for the small critters, but were lucky enough to see a whale (or "paus" in Bahasa, as the dive guides told us). We were not in the water, we were boating on our way back to the resort, but is still was awesome. The word also spread so quickly, people who came to Lembeh the next day from Bunaken were already asking about it. So I guess its not only macro :D.
I found diving Lembeh like a game, just trying to find all these wonderful creatures. We did some macro diving before (Blue Heron Bridge), but Lembeh will stay in my mind for some time. Bangka was just spectacular when it comes to coral (especially soft). This was our first trip to Asia so we can only compare to the Caribbean.

Hey, another Blue Heron Bridge veteran! What an awesome trip you had--and you got to go to Bangka, so color me puce-green with envy. I KNEW it would be great!

Edited to add: I LOVE your video! Excellent!

Back
Top Bottom