St. Kitts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFEIII

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be on St. Kitts in April. Can anyone recommend places to dive and dive operators? m Also, I'd appreciate any restaurant recommendations as well as things to do and things to stay away from.

Thanks,
Ben

I dive with Pro Divers.

For a romantic dinner or a lively weekend lunch/brunch or just a few beers on the beach bar I like Spice Mill on the South-East Peninsula. Always call ahead because it's a 20 minute drive to get there and they sometimes close/open at will depending on mood, weather, season - whatever.

For Indian take-away and Saturday lunch buffet I love Copper Chimney. Place looks like a dump and caters mostly to med students from India. Indian food by Indian people for Indian people. Awesome food and well priced.

For emergencies I dial 466-5000 (Dominos Pizza) and get a delivery. "Pizza Boys" has a shop close to Marriott that is not that good.

At the Marriott all F&B sucks but the pizza shack and the upmarket Steak House have just acceptable food.

---------- Post added February 16th, 2013 at 07:56 AM ----------

Oh yeah and things to stay away from I guess the same as everywhere: Stay away from tourist traps :D Guys who have a baby monkey on their shoulder and want to let you take a picture... People selling useless trinkets nobody needs.

Another thing I forgot to mention: Avis and Hertz suck on this island. I have been disappointed by both too many times. Friends recommend a local car rental called Bulls Eye which I will test soon. Won't link to it until I have had some first hand experience.

One more thing on the topic of driving: You need a local license to drive here but the car rental firm can just sell you a 90-day license (it's a pink piece of cardboard paper...). To obtain such a license you need to show your existing license if it is in English and pay a fee. If your home license is not in English you need to obtain an international license from home and then use that to get the St. Kitts license.

First half of April I should still be here, too so I might see you guys on the Pro Divers boat :D

As a group (liveaboard that ended in St Kitts), we went to Serendipity for dinner. It's outside Basseterre, seemed like we drove north. We all enjoyed our meals. I also enjoyed the time wandering around Fort Brimstone. As far as diving, can't speak for local dive shops but the River Taw was a great wreck dive, especially at night.

Hi, I was wondering if you had an opportunity to use the Bulls Eye car rental place you mentioned yet? Thanks

Cool. Got a free ride with the company to St. Kitts/Nevis for April 5-13 or 14th. Will look for ya at ProDivers.
Thanks for the info.

I am out here now. :cool2::D

Nope, did not rent from Bullseye yet (going car-less this time).

And Pro Divers take their annual vacation around April 9th so there will be a few days where I won't be diving (until the 15th IIRC).

There are lots of new (to me) things to do on the island to survive a few days without diving. Some Canadians brought an aircraft down here to do Skydiving.
Also never tried the zip line they got set up in the jungle so might give that a go.

Nice. We are there Sunday and leaving Wed to Nevis for other company stuff going on.

Hey MR. Black. Sorry, never had a chance to use Pro Divers. They were only going to be available for one of the days we were diving and did not want to have the hassle of using 2 different dive places, filling out papeerwork etc. Diving was pretty mediocre anyway. Was doing it mostly for my friend who needed a few dives to get some more experience.
Maybe next time!

Back
Top Bottom