looking for EXTRA BIG DIVE GEAR ( 5xl or bigger)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaBear40

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone.

I am looking to get in to scuba diving, but since i lost all my gear years( stolen out of my truck ) i need to replace, but i have gained some size over the years... now i'm looking for 5xl or bigger suit BC weight belts and size 14 boots.

anyone have any sites to buy gear in these sizes ?

SeaBear40 (chris)

OMG! you are a rockstar, i just set up my outfit and top to bottom in my size everything minus weights and tank/s is like less than 800 total wow.

thank you so muchhhhhhh
SeaBear

Not sure if you found a BC, but backplate systems with simple harnesses are ideal for people who fall way outside the norm for size, because the harness can be set up to fit anybody. If you are also very tall, you would need to buy from a vendor who offers a spectrum of plate sizes, like Deep Sea Supply.

I remember talking to a student at the pool one night. He had a backplate setup (which, although it becomes extremely common in experienced PNW divers, is rare in students) and I asked him why. He pointed to himself (6'4" or so, and probably 350) and said, "Look at my size!"

Would it not be worth considering whether you are actually fit enough to return to diving? 5xl sounds like you're carrying an awful lot of fat and additional weight, which will be putting an enormous strain on your body, especially your heart and lungs. Adding the stress of diving and the dramatically more significant consequences of having an underwater medical emergency compared to an above water one must surely give you pause for thought.

Diving is a somewhat dangerous past time to all participants at all times. That risk can be minimised through training, gear quality, redundancy, planning etc. But it can also be increase significantly through the lack of those things, or diving when not in a physical state to do so, be that due to having a cold or being extremely obese.

Seabear, please consider working more on your weight management and fitness, before you focus on your gear purchase and diving.

Would it not be worth considering whether you are actually fit enough to return to diving? 5xl sounds like you're carrying an awful lot of fat and additional weight, which will be putting an enormous strain on your body, especially your heart and lungs. Adding the stress of diving and the dramatically more significant consequences of having an underwater medical emergency compared to an above water one must surely give you pause for thought.

Diving is a somewhat dangerous past time to all participants at all times. That risk can be minimised through training, gear quality, redundancy, planning etc. But it can also be increase significantly through the lack of those things, or diving when not in a physical state to do so, be that due to having a cold or being extremely obese.

Seabear, please consider working more on your weight management and fitness, before you focus on your gear purchase and diving.

Don't hate on the big boys!

If he can pass a dive physical who's business other than his what is size is?
Swimming is good exercise. The fish don''t care what size people are, why should you?

Back
Top Bottom