Issue with Oceanic V-12 Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milbournosphere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was out diving this weekend and the rubber post that holds the strap lock in place on my V-12 split fins separated from the rubber on the fin. I ended up having to finish my dive like this:

603105_10151256679368526_872616634_n.jpg

I am outside of the one-year warranty period, but I'd like to know my options regarding a repair. I treat my equipment with care and have enjoyed the performance of the fins up until now. I have heard that your customer service is stellar and was wondering if you might be willing to stand behind your product and help me out, given the unusual situation with the rubber fin post snapping off. Any information or assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. :D

milbournosphere,

Please give us or your local authorized dealer a call, or drop us an email. I'm sure we can quickly and painlessly get this resolved for you.

Best regards,

Oceanic Customer Service
Toll Free (800) 435-3483 x 761
Tel (510) 562-0500
service@oceanicusa.com

2002 Davis St., San Leandro, California 94577, USA

I thought I'd update to give a shout-out to Oceanic for taking care of the issue with my broken fins in a classy manner.

I emailed customer support and they said to ship my fins in, that they'd replace them for free. When I called to check on the status of my fins I mentioned to the guy in the warehouse my planned boat dives for this coming Sunday, and sure enough he got them out that day and to my doorstep here just in time for the weekend. All of this for fins out of warranty and without a receipt. That there is super service. Thanks for the excellent customer support, Oceanic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom