Please help me decide!....Raja4Divers? Papua Paradise? Is there a 7 day Liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpeckledGrouper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We will arrive in Jakarta on December 17th and after a few days of business meetings, will make our way to Sorong. It seems that most liveaboards, or at least the ones I found, only do 10 to 12 day trips. We don't have enough time to do such a long trip as we "have" to go to Bali afterwards. So I figured a land based resort might be better and fits into the schedule with Raja 4 Divers being a Friday - Friday and Papua Paradise a Monday - Monday itinerary. Or is there a Liveaboard that does 7 to 8 day trips?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.

From what I remember, black manta, mermaid I and II, and I think pearl of Papua do 7/8 days. I'm doing one in march aboard the black manta.

I have heard good things about both resorts so if you decide on that option you will have a good time!

Hi

We met Maya, the owner from Raja4divers, a few times and she was really nice! Even if we won't stay with Raja4divers but a competitor, she answered all our questions and helped us big time. If I had the money to stay there I would go immediately :wink:. Maybe Sorido Bay could also be an option for you?

After some extensive research, I have exhausted all Liveaboard Options. All the boats that are doing shorter trips are either full or booked by charters. The only boat available is the Sea Safari 8, but after some serious googeling, I think on the 12th page, I found some pictures that convinced me NOT to set foot on that boat......

So it's either land based or change the dates all together. Does anybody know if it's possible to go to Wayag from any of the resorts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom