Any substitutes for a Suunto D4 elastomer strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cliavn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have used my Suunto D4 for a couple years now. A few months ago after coming up from a dive I saw a crack forming on the long strap which fell off soon after. I just replaced it which cost a good 30 USD. I don't fancy buying a new strap every couple years and risk having the strap fail underwater. Has anyone seen a good high quality substitute for the elastomer strap?

Tibby-Adapters....There's a post on SB about the company w/pics.....You won't need another strap if you get one.......

Good news for the D4 owners.
We are trying to get a set of Tibby-Adapters for the D4 done now...
No guarantees mind you, because of the Plastic body, and that unless its bulletproof we don't want to sell it, after all what would be the point?
Suunto already has made a crappy strap, our goal would be to make something that will easily outlast the watch itself, that makes more sense to me.
So if you keep "tuned in" here on Scuba board, you will im sure find out when they are done (IF, they are done)

Cheers
All

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom