Hollis C60 for D12? horseshoe or donut?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taliena

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm looking for a wing which I can use with a D12 steel and a bigger twinset.
I have halcyon evolve 40lbs and want a bigger one because sometimes I dive with a D12 and 4 stages. A D18 will be the future :)
Is the Hollis C60 a good choice or is it better to look for a horseshoe-wing instead of a donut wing with a bigger volume? I have only experience with donut wings. Never tried a horseshoe wing.

Are you using Aluminum Stages? If yes, Stay with the donut style, I would use the Halcyon Evolve60 if you cant get the Halcyon then the Hollis will also work. If No, Why not?

yes I use alu stages. Some people say take a bigger wing than 60lbs.
I don't need too much lift at my butt. I have no balance problems with my 40lbs wing and stages, but for 4 stages the wing is too small.
Maybe I will make cavedives in the future with a D18, but for now only a D12 with 4 stages. I dive sometimes in strong currents with waves, so it must be comfortable too after the dive in the water :)
And under water of course too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom