Budget Dive Computer With Compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allan C Smith

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I'm looking for a new computer. Basically after getting my clients set up to go in the water I want to be able to throw my gear on and go. Currently I keep a compass, watch and computer on my wrist. Now It dose't take that long to throw it all on but it's frustrating none the less. Especially when I'm in a hurry to get my BC on and all the wrist stuff is getting stuck.

Well switching over to a console seems like a great Idea But I really like to have every thing on my wrist for a quick glance as opposed to messing with an over sized console. Plus I just feel all Johnny Quest with all my info on my wrist!

Solution All in one Wrist(Watch Style) computer.

So I check those out and yuck they are expensive but they sure look cool!

Well Air Integration is not really on my wish list I would carry an SPG anyway so that bulk is there to stay nor are 3 switchable gas Mixes.

However I notice that all the compass integrated models I have found seem to have air integration and the price tag that comes with it?

This appears a bit nuts seeing that my $20 Casio has a compass on it why should I have to pay and extra 300 for a compass on a dive watch?

Has any one come across something to the contrary?

If Sunto or Oceanic are listing please build my Budget computer!

Now that I have sounded like a proper, Cheep, Spoiled Brat I'll open this up for Criticism.

You can get it without the transmitter and cut the cost. Computer are a lot cheaper then when they first came out.

Back
Top Bottom