Mares M1 RGBM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arrakis

Reaction score
Hi There, I've just got myself a Mares M1 rgbm and am battling to get the hang of it. I'll be using it for the first time in about 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone knows of a basic set of instructions to get me going on my inital dives. I won't be doing nitrox or anything special, just regular dives and don't want to fight with the watch every time i dive. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Arrakis,
I have M1 (not rgbm) but I think there is not difference in use with rgbm. I use M1 for year and a half and haven't any problem with it (except a settings of IRIS interface). Could you tell me exactly what is the problem?

Rossen

Hi Arrakis,
I have M1 (not rgbm) but I think there is not difference in use with rgbm. I use M1 for year and a half and haven't any problem with it (except a settings of IRIS interface), just dive and it is works. Maybe the problem is in initial settings of computer (time, date, salt or fresh water...)? Could you tell me exactly what is the problem?

Rossen

Ditto, also got the M1.

There are a couple of changes I had to make before using mine i..e Fresh/salt water settings. If you let us know what info. you need I'm sure we can help you out.

Thanks for the response, when I got the M1 I tried to change the dates and salt/fresh etc but to no avail. Then i saw another notice from someone else who was battling and followed their notes and managed to get it changed so now I have the correct time/date setting and selected the saltwater setting, I was just wondering:
what I have to do before my first dive, or does it automatically start recording the moment I go deeper than 1 metre?
Are there any special settings or other things I should have activated / setup for recreational dives?

Thanks again.
Arrakis

Arrakis, I can imagine what you mean. The button sequence to get into some of the settings can be a bit confusing.

The computer will activate at around 3m of depth. You can put the computer into Dive Mode manually using the buttons. It's the mode after PC. Press left hand button once from PC. (Can't remember what it is the other way).

If it's a new computer these points won't be relevant but if it is second hand you'll need to check it's not set in Bottom Timer only mode. I can't remember of the top of my head which "Set" this is under. You also need to check it's configured for Air rather than Nitrox (assuming your just using Air).

If your familiar with the "Sim" mode you can actually simulate how the computer will behave under water. If you go to this option and hold down left button, the computer will show you it's "dive layout", you can then descend/ascend using the left/right buttons (it runs faster than real time). If you see a no deco minutes figures on the bottom left then it should be fine.

I'm not sure if you've got the manual but you can download it from this URL in PDF format. http://www.mares.com/pdf/M1.pdf.

Finally the other things I've done are turn the beeps off. These were very annoying as it's very easy to activate the fast ascent warning when your in less than 10 metres of water. I look at my computer a lot so I'm confident that I won't miss anything by having beeps off. This includes warnings for no deco/batteries, etc so use with caution.

I've also turned the lockout function off. If you get a fast ascent warning (I think even once) during a dive the computer locks into bottom mode until the residual nitrogean counter returns to 0. This means no more diving with the computer that day. You can turn this "feature" off through the Set Mode. Again you need to be happy with doing this but there is a Rocket symbol that shows an uncontolled fast ascent. I certainly wouldn't recommend doing anymore diving for 24 hrs if you get one of those.

Give me a shout if you need anymore info. Sorry if I've gone on a bit :D.

Thanks For the info Rich. Will try it out next weekend. For your info I got the M1 rgbm for 260 Euro (a friend bought it for me in Italy) I don't think think there is much difference between this one and the standard M1. I downloaded the PDF file already. Cheers
Arrakis.

Is anyone familiar with the new Mares M1 dive computer that is full up RGBM? I noticed American Diving is selling them on their website (http://www.divesouthpadre.com/).

$234.95 at Leisure Pro

Marc

I've got one. No complaints other than it's not as user friendly as most out there. I had a total of 3 Aeris Atmos II's go belly up on me in a 3 month period and have had no trouble with my M1.....

knock on wood.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom