Island of Elba, Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tamas970

Contributor
Reaction score
Switzerland - way too far from warm seas:(
# of dives
100 - 199
Elba seems to be an easy-to-reach destination from mainland Europe. How is marine life there compared to the rest of the Mediterranean? (Is overfishing an issue, or you have a real chance to encounter tuna, big barracuda, etc?)

I will be very near the Island of Elba in June and I am planning to to take the ferry there one day to go diving and possibly snorkeling. Do you have recommendations on an operator there? I have found numerous operators on the island and from what I have read the Island of Elba is a great place to go diving in the Mediterranean.

I am also coming in June, probably we have to find things out ourselves, since no one replied to my original post for 2 months...

As for snorkeling, you don't really need guided trips. Divers are more bound to an operator, since they need to rent (or at least fill) tanks.

I am also coming in June, probably we have to find things out ourselves, since no one replied to my original post for 2 months...

As for snorkeling, you don't really need guided trips. Divers are more bound to an operator, since they need to rent (or at least fill) tanks.

I talked to my local dive shop and they recommended to check the PADI website for a "five star dive center" on the island, I found a few on the island and reviewed their websites. I am going to go with one of those operators. I looked all over for more information but it is hard to find information. I am only bringing my mask and plan to rent the rest of the gear.

Did anyone find a good dive outfit on Elba? How was the diving? I will be there a week starting Saturday (thru 22 June) thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom