Lowrance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone have current stats? Depth to sand, depth to top of deck, any must see for a first dive on her?
Thanx
Eric

Here is video one of my friends did of one of our recent dives on the Lowrance. This should help. She is a very large wreck. so unless you have a scooter, explore a small section of her. Just N of her is the Renegade. we have actually hot dropped on the Lowrance, and drifted/scootered to the Renegade. Another great wreck dive.

1.6.13 Lowrance Wreck by Ocean Slayer With Hollis 25w Light - YouTube

204 to the sand 160 to the deck.

First dive on it? Take it in... its more than 400 feet of shipwreck.

Thank you for that video link! I really liked the depth sub title, as well as a quick look at the puter. It helps alot with planning, i.e. if you are here and expect to see this, you are x deep. 3 wks and counting down.
Eric

Thank you for that video link! I really liked the depth sub title, as well as a quick look at the puter. It helps alot with planning, i.e. if you are here and expect to see this, you are x deep. 3 wks and counting down.
Eric

Eric,
you are correct. One thing I will tell you is if you are hot-dropped, always pay attention to the depth. Deeper than you should be? swim west. Shallower? Swim East. typically we have a northbound current, so you will be dropped south of the wreck most of the time. If you dont mind me asking, who are you diving the Lowrance with?

Our band of local pirates will be invading pompano starting on the 2/9 being the first day of diving , I think the lowrance is on for 2/17. So it is not 3 wks it is 1!!!!. We have booked PDC. We have dove with them 2 years previous and have been treated very well. They go where we want as I think there are at least 6 of us at last count, not counting cave freinds who may drive down.
Eric

Eric,
you are correct. One thing I will tell you is if you are hot-dropped, always pay attention to the depth. Deeper than you should be? swim west. Shallower? Swim East. typically we have a northbound current, so you will be dropped south of the wreck most of the time. If you dont mind me asking, who are you diving the Lowrance with?

We bombed it 4 times in 2011. 160-170' is a good place to level off and start really looking for the wreck in my opinion.

Well we finished up a 7 days of diving, and it was spectacular! Our final day got blown out for the RBJ/Corey, maybe next year. For anyone needing the info for planning. I saw alot on the Lowrance at 180', for the Sucre the chain was at the highest relief at 180, the deck was 190-197. Another great week at PDC.
Eric

Back
Top Bottom