ProPlus 2, logging software and uploading dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jersey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
To start, I love my Pro+2 (shiny buttons), using it for a year, intuitive, nice size readouts (old eyes), great feature/function. Until last night I had not been able to upload dives, which has been a great source of frustration. First - I was sold the wrong interface cable. (Why you manufacture multiples is beyond me - standardize!!!) Tried using it for 3 months. Then I got the right cable, actually read the instructions and followed - silly girl! Dive shop was no help - we sell it, don't actually use it. Spent 3 months periodically attempting to resolve. Went online looking for updated/revised/different instructions to no avail. With 20 yrs of software support, testing and troubleshooting experience, I discarded the instructions and tried every combination of button pushes, attaching cable, and clicks I could think of until finally it worked, and actually the way it works is fluid and intuitive - unlike your instructions which sux and are wrong. After 2 hours of putzing, I was able to enjoy checking out dive profiles :D.

...now off to figure out Photoshop and video editing...

Alberto -
Thanks for the response. I went through the Dive Nav training included with Pro+2 and found it to be most beneficial. Well prepared, planned and paced. Kudos to your organization for a job well done! Took the tests at end of chapter, even took notes to which I still refer - I am old school. I recall going through the upload vid, though at the time I didn't have the interface cable. Nor did I load Dive Nav logging software, I'm using the log app from Oceanic. Your video executes the steps properly. Oceanic on screen instructions and documentation state once the 120 second counter commences, hit both silver buttons for 2 seconds to connect SET 1 then press left button 4 times to get into PC/upload function on PDC. ONLY if you get to the PC screen in SET 1 mode, press the upload button on your personal computer. I discover no need to do all the button pushing on the PDC, connect and press run, as it should be.

Frustrating part was uninstalling and reinstalling on my 32-bit Win7 travel netbook, tried an install on a 64-bit Win7 machine and trying to follow manufacturer instructions. Where is a 10 year old when you need them?

Pushing the buttons was for the older version pro plus 2. The newer download cable has a active chip to start the download in the newer pro plus 2. oceanic never change there instruction to reflect the change in their computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom