Sidemount and computers w/ transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jolesen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

If I'm beating a dead horse please reply with a link to where I can find the information and/or forum thread.

I simply love the ease of reading my remaining bottom time on my wrist wirelessly transmitted from both my tanks. Unfortunately I have not found any computers that can add the two tanks combined air and give me a single readout.
- Anyone know of any computer that can do that?
- Next best alternative USING computer + transmitters?

To get ahead of the curve of good advice. This is for recreational diving. No overheads, no tech stuff.
- Mentioning that since it looks like the replies are mainly in advice about not doing it go with mechanical spg's etc.
I also have SPGs on 6".

What I do right now is use two computers with their own transmitters. Which give me the individual times respectively.

Anyone having experience with Mares Icon Net Ready and sidemounts with two transmitters?

Thanks for all answers in advance.

I am totally w/you on using transmitters.

The Scubapro Galileo Sol will give you up to three separate reading on three separate transmitters/tanks. However, it does not add them up to give a combined reading. You have to be breathing off a tank to get a reading of Remaining Bottom Time ( RBT ). It takes a few minutes for the computer to take a sample of your breathing and give you a RBT. Since your switching back and forth, you just need to add the RBT's.

What about using something like this with one transmitter. Should work, might add a little bit of complexity but for rec type diving should be managable.

Z-Isolatable Manifold

Hi Superspeed,

I did not even know that existed :) However it does not look like it has any HP ports for any HP measurement.
- However it does make my Friday go faster at work to look at it!

---------- Post added February 1st, 2013 at 10:35 AM ----------

Thanks Beaverdivers,

That would give me the information in one computer instead of the two I use now. And it looks like it would solve the "issue" with manually having to switch gas on the computer each time I swap regulator.

Is a nice computer! And does trimix which the Mares Icon does not (according to what I read) That however is not a problem for me since I don't plan to do any tech diving for the foreseeable future.

I occasionally use my Sol for sidemount. Try setting your second tank as your 'buddy' tank not as T2. Then hit the 'More' button once and you can see both tank pressures at once. Not ideal, but it works.

Heard rumors that newer SP transmitters won't turn off after not getting a change in pressure for X minutes, which would be nice. No more 'lost pressure signal' after swapping regs.

If the mechanical gauges are lollipoped you just look down and they are right there in your field of vision. Not really any different than looking at your wrist. I see those transmitters getting banged around alot in your own armpits. Of course if you insist, you could use a left AI on your left wrist and a right AI on your right wrist.

Check out Liquivision. They just released a dive computer that can read up to 10 transmitters.

What about using something like this with one transmitter. Should work, might add a little bit of complexity but for rec type diving should be managable.

Z-Isolatable Manifold
That connects through low pressure ports. It would not be able to read both tanks. Also, you have to shut down the tank not in use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom