What are your favorite foods?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I used to say "Italian" without pausing to think but for various reasons, Winnipeg has turned into a bit of a testing ground for restaurants. We've got every damn thing. (Theoretically, if you can survive in the middle of the bald prairie, you should be able to blah blah blah so we have many test sites.)

I have really started enjoying Tai food in particular. Many rarely-used tastebuds get a really good workout.

Also, for various mundane historical reasons, Winnipeg has a large population of Ukrainian folk, who's cooking really rocks my world. South Russian soul food. Not calorie-free but winsome.

Although I still require vitamin 'I' (Italian food) on a more or less regular basis.

My only regret is that we couldn't somehow kidnap Texas - I've had some truly memorable food down there.

Any other opinions?

mmmmmmmmm....Barbeque. I love anything smokey and spicy. I am hoping to one day gon my own holy pilgrimage of sorts and visit Memphis and Kansas City for what I keep hearing is some of the best b-b-q food stuffs.

Good call.

Some great sauces available right outa the bottle these days, too - I've been playing around with a brand called 'Bull's-eye'. Some of those are darn good, for prefab.

Polish cooking is great. My brother & sister-in-laws both came from Polish families and so I was exposed to this robust cuisine. Around my neck of the woods I only know of one Polish resturant. I would suspect that there are many in the Mid-west. Does anyone know if this is true?

I should have checked for the dates 1st, but for championship BBQ come to the American Royal in Kansas City. They have the best BBQ available and visitors can pay a small fee and taste the entries. A contestant has to have won an other "cook-off" to be able to enty the Royal contest. Plus we have KC Masterpiece and Gates BBQ here - truely the very top of the line. Of course that is just my opinion - not biased at all. :)

Becky

cstreu1026:
mmmmmmmmm....Barbeque. I love anything smokey and spicy. I am hoping to one day gon my own holy pilgrimage of sorts and visit Memphis and Kansas City for what I keep hearing is some of the best b-b-q food stuffs.

doole:
Good call.

Some great sauces available right outa the bottle these days, too - I've been playing around with a brand called 'Bull's-eye'. Some of those are darn good, for prefab.

mmmmmmm Canadian Club Honey Smoke BBq sauce.
mmmmmmmmm barbe q
yum yum!

Mmmmm nothing like a good grilled steak & lobster dinner... and a big slice of black forest cake for dessert. :wink:

nauifins73:
I should have checked for the dates 1st, but for championship BBQ come to the American Royal in Kansas City. They have the best BBQ available and visitors can pay a small fee and taste the entries. A contestant has to have won an other "cook-off" to be able to enty the Royal contest. Plus we have KC Masterpiece and Gates BBQ here - truely the very top of the line. Of course that is just my opinion - not biased at all. :)

Becky

Do find out the dates! We're close enough it would be worth the trip!

benncool:
Polish cooking is great. My brother & sister-in-laws both came from Polish families and so I was exposed to this robust cuisine. Around my neck of the woods I only know of one Polish resturant. I would suspect that there are many in the Mid-west. Does anyone know if this is true?

I think most Polish restaurants are in midwest cities..like Chicago and Detroit. Not many (any?) down here in Florida. But luckily I have a huge Polish family so I don't need a restaurant!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom