Anticlimactic dive on the Redondo Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
After finally getting some still photos of the UB88 yesterday and enjoying the deco hang with thousands of pelagic squishies, we endured dirty green water with little life on the Redondo Beach Artificial Reef today.

I checked out an octopus nest to see how far along the eggs are while Merry fired off one shot after another nearby. She later showed me an image in her monitor, but I looked quickly, thinking it was a shrimp in thick algae. It turned out that she got several nice shots of a Phidiana hiltoni, a nudibranch I've only seen once outside of the Northern Channel Islands.

Back on the surface, she told me where it was, so I jumped back in for a snipe hunt in murky green water. I didn't find it, so I fired off a couple shots of a nearby octopus before heading back up. While going through today's photos, I saw the little guy as bycatch in my last photo. After seeing Merry's shots, I'm embarrassed to post mine...almost.

RedondoBarge8-5_zpscee2a34e.jpg

Hilton's aeolid in the lower left

RedondoBarge7-4_zps5c30f504.jpg

RedondoBarge6-5_zps46451bc6.jpg

RedondoBarge6-5_zpse6084d8b.jpg

RedondoBarge1-6_zps2b66928c.jpg

RedondoBarge3-6_zps16e5e542.jpg

RedondoBarge4-3_zps947583f3.jpg

RedondoBarge5-5_zps2194bb63.jpg

You kidding me? Anticlimatic? You got some gorgeous Cephalopod captures. Sounds like a fun and exciting dive to me. :D

LOVE the eggs with the chromatophores visible! And what is that last fish?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom