Upgrading to wireless - Aeris Elite T3 a good match for my Aladin Prime?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mountainsean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks-

I've been using an Aladin Prime as my only dive computer, and while it works fine, I find it kind of clunky and unintuitive from a display and usability perspective. I'd like to upgrade to a wrist computer with a wireless transmitter (I'd keep my SPG hooked up as a backup) and use the Aladin as a backup computer. The Aeris Elite T3 looks to be a good compromise of price and performance, and seems well received around here. How comparable is its algorithm to the Aladin in terms of liberal vs. conservative? I wouldn't want it to be too much more conservative than the Aladin such that it's artificially cutting my dives short, but not too much more liberal that I send the Aladin into deco. Are they both in the same ballpark? If not, any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean

They are not in the same ballpark. Depending on your profile the Aladin will be close to or in deco compared to the T3. The T3 has a more liberal profile then the Aladin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom