What dive log software do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MalibuDave42

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been diving for years, but just recently decided to start downloading my computer's log. I have an Oceanic computer. OMG, the software they offer is awful. Of course, in this day and age, having your electronic log located on the internet so you can access it via a computer and/or smartphone from anywhere in the world seems like the modern (flexible) approach. I can also see having an offline dataset available for those remote locations.

What software are you using? How are you approaching this? Is offloading your dive computer a waste of time?

Thanks for the comments and input.

I was directed to use Diving Log. Diving Log 5.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen
It can sink with a lot of different computer log files. Tell me the name of your computer and I cna tell you if it's in the list.

It also connects to their iphone/android app called dive log. You can sync between the 2. You can also put photos into your logs from your phone and store all your cards in there. It is nice and has a lot of features.

I 2nd Dive Log 5.0. I've spoken with the developer and he is always trying to make this program better. It already is the best available.

I use Divinglog.de, too. My favorite software was the program that came with my Uwatek computer, but it's not compatible with anybody else's gauges. Divinglog will download a lot of different files, so if you change gauges, you won't have to change programs.

Paladin.
A wonderful open source product for the (hold your breath...) Palm pilot.

We use a bevy of state o the art 1999 (and prior) uwatec dive computers that download via a pseudo rs232 interface.

My ancient palm tungsten w contains the detailed profiles of over 500 dives. Complete depth profile readings taken every few seconds (20? I forget how often).

We get a really nice depth profile chart for each dive recorded on a device that fits in my pocket.

The sad thing is that all of this technology has been declared dead for many years.

Ooh - For simple logs, we use paper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom