Seaquest Libra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mizzie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was just wondering if anyone has used a Seaquest Libra BC and what you thought of it. There is one on Craigslist for $140 (looks like it's $500 new), seller is saying that she used it once then was in a car accident and can't dive anymore due to back issues. Pictures look really good and I think it will be my size.

I've already decided to get it and I've contacted the seller. I figure, if I wind up hating it or it's not the right size, I can always turn around and resell it. I've been trying to find reviews and there aren't many out there, but the few I've found have been good. Seems like a good BC and a good deal for a new diver.

I'm not certified yet (this summer!), but will be diving cold water mostly.

SeaQuest makes very good BC's. I worked for SQ for many years. Their design and quality are top notch. Sounds like a great price.

I have had 3 bcd's 1. Seaquest Diva LX 2. Zeagle Zena 3. Seaquest Libra

The Libra is by far my favorite and I keep it for my vacations because it is so comfrotable and easy to pack. I am glad I found it after 10 years of diving the Diva and then a very very short stint with the Zena. I kept the Diva to use in the chlorine, sold the Zena, and like I said keep the Libra for Vacations. If you are warm water diving it is great. If you are cold water diving and require a ton of weights then check out the lift capacity on Aqualungs website to see if it fits your needs.

Oh, and, get certified.

My wife has a Libra and loves it. It's not the smallest BCD out there, but it works fine for travel. I have a Balance, which is the men's version, and like the number and placement of D rings. The only negative I can some up with is that is only has one pocket. Super comfortable, both on land and underwater.

James

Thanks for the replies! Glad to know it's pretty well liked. I am definitely getting certified this summer, but I hadn't planned on buying a BC this early. I figured I would rent a few and see what I liked. But it just seemed like a really good deal.

I dive the men's version of the Libra (the Balance). The Libras are not made big enough for me (I'm 5''6" & 190 lbs). I wear a Men's LG because I must have one big enough to accomdate my drysuit & undergarments. They are fantastic, comfy & lightweight BC's. They travel well & are relatively clean BC's. It each in this BC in both the pool & Open Water. They are tough & not given to fading. About the only thing I've seen that people aren't crazy about it is that it is a back inflate BC & for some people takes a little getting used to.

I got it and it fits! From what I can tell, it sure does look brand new. It also inflates (orally) and dumps air just fine. I'm very excited!

Back
Top Bottom