XT regulator second stage question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBRES1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got my first XT regulator today and had a question about the diaphragm retainer.
Does the retainer require a tool to remove the diaphragm ?
I like the looks of the new reg, but I do like being able to clean out my 2nd stage from time to time between service.

Thanks, Jim Breslin

Hi Jim,

If the retainer is too tight you can use use needle nose pliers to loosen it. With the pliers in the open position, place tips behind opposing tabs. Maintain a firm grip on the pliers so that the tips do not slip off the tabs and damage the diaphragm washer.

Hope this helps,
Kathleen

Kathleen,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
I was able to take the retainer off and reinstall it with out the pliers.
The reg is now set up and ready for usage.
I will be getting a chance to dive it next month in the West Palm / Jupiter area.
The only thing I don't like about this reg is, that it may replace my Hurricane's as my favorite.

Thanks again, Jim Breslin

Scubatools.com makes a nice inexpensive tool for that job or you can buy right angle needle nose pliers [large size] which is easier to work with.....

Back
Top Bottom