Suunto D6i Battery Replacement in the field- Anyone done this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rogerholmesuk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has done a battery replacement on the new Suunto D6i on their own , in the field. The parts are available, and it would be useful to know. Has anyone done this. I'm aware that Suunto suggest it goes back to warrantied shops etc, but this isn't always possible in the field..ie on a indian ocean liveaboard. Thanks for any help or pointers. :D

Do you know if it's the same for the D6i?

The wrist D6 and D6i use a cr2450. Both use the same battery and believe no difference in replacement technique.. The transmitting unit for the D6i has instructions in the manual for it's replacement.

Does anyone know where to find some info on the net regarding the way to take the back off and unscrew?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has done a battery replacement on the new Suunto D6i on their own , in the field. The parts are available, and it would be useful to know. Has anyone done this. I'm aware that Suunto suggest it goes back to warrantied shops etc, but this isn't always possible in the field..ie on a indian ocean liveaboard. Thanks for any help or pointers. :D

Hey Roger, I found it for you - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...suunto-d6-battery-change-how.html#post4566576

Cheers
Duke

Hello! I am writing a utility for suunto D6i. At the moment I can already change settings directly from computer, synchronize time (as dm5 does), download data. I can also read and write the eeprom (useful for repairs). I wonder if there are still users of SUUNTO D6i and if they can help me out.. I will mainly need some files I will explain how to get them and send them to me. I can also reset the D6i to defaults and finally erase all dive memory but I still need some help.
If you want to help search "Zibri" on facebook. Add me (not the zibri page) and send me a message.
Regards,
Zibri.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom