Diverite exp and a STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't believe you do, you would just attach wing to plate using "sex" screws and as the wing has cut outs you would thread the bands through the plate and through the wing.

You wouldn't need an STA, but from the look of that wing, you a probably going to have some serious taco around your tank. I am not a fan of doubles wings being used with single tanks.

I have a diverite exp 45# dual bladder wing. I was wondering if I need a STA when I dive 1 tank instead of doubles.

Hi Antagonist,

Thanks for your question. No, you don't need an STA with any Dive Rite EXP or XT series wing. However, you may need to use taco tabs or the gusset control to control lift. I agree that double wings are not ideal for single tank diving, but may work in a pinch. I wouldn't make this a long-term solution.

Best,
Kathleen

Agreed. I have 2 different wings. One is for single tank and the other for doubles. I use an STA to ease the transition of switching from doubles to singles.

I have another wing, but i was planning on diving doubles on the first dive then I was going to switch to a single for the second dive. I was just wondering if I should bring my other wing. Thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom