At the Chicago Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Patty Grier, long ago Chicagoan, comes up from Roatan to enjoy the fresh 13° air.

securedownload-9.jpeg

We got to the show just after they opened today (Sunday). We only stopped and talked to a few exhibitors that we were interested in and left early due to a very busy weekend. We did talk to the rep from Fantasy Island. Being a true salesman he made it seem like FI was coming back strong. Most rooms are full, many upgrades going on, food and service has improved. Plus the owners son spends alot of time there to make sure everything is going smoothly. I can believe they are trying to get things better, they may have made some improvements. But when I mentioned that I am leaning on going to Bonaire this year, since I have never been there, he told me not to bother. The reef is almost dead and not much fish life. I knew it was time to just walk away from this salesman. We did talk a little about Rich Henry and that whole mess. Seems as though no one knows where Rich is these days.
Now I have to go through all of these brochures to find the resort that suits my needs and wallet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom