Aeris Atmos AI vs. Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1 (size question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bokeh

New
Reaction score
All,
I know this topic been around for ages. I do know it is (essentially) the same computer. My question is about actual screen size - am I right interpreting images that Oceanic display is much larger than Atmos? I never had a chance to see the two side by side I've heard questions ranging from "not really" to "much bigger". I like the angled Atmos, but I have to say that the de-cluttered info on Oceanic product screenshots make me gravitate towards ProPlus (larger?) display.

Bo.

ProPlus 3 is being touted as easier to read (I assume relative to the 2.1) at essentially the same price point as the 2.1. I've not seen them side by side but it may be worth your while to wait until they start to arrive at your LDS before you pull the trigger.

ProPlus 3 is being touted as easier to read (I assume relative to the 2.1) at essentially the same price point as the 2.1. I've not seen them side by side but it may be worth your while to wait until they start to arrive at your LDS before you pull the trigger.

When it comes to computers, newer is better, and the ProPlus 3 has some nice features including the dual algorithm.
Pro Plus 3
It's already available from Oceanic.

The 2 is more brick like vs the AI, and the screen is larger. As you said the AI is much more user angled friendly.
The new 3 looks very very readable... much nicer than the 2 but still brick-like in design compared to the AI...

I asked the Oceanic folks about the AI up grade as that 300 "thing" is not an up-grade in my opinion.

Their reply was hush-hush but something new this way comes....

for larger put a reader lens in your mask for about 17$ you can also see the numbers on your compass and the feathers on the feather duster worms

---------- Post added February 18th, 2013 at 11:09 PM ----------

oceanic and areis are both made by american dive products in san leandro calif both very good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom