Hardcore Dive Team researches SS Avalon to find thousands of fish in one school!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Ocean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This is nice to see. California, in general, needs more wrecks/artificial reefs. It is a known fact that these "spawn" life. I still don't understand why California doesn't have more/create more. Yet every other day or week, Gulf States, especially Florida, are sinking everything except a Chuck E Cheese restaurant, and creating not only great reefs/wrecks to dive, but adding more reasons to travel there and dive and spend money. Heck, I'm one of them. I go to Florida 2 to 3 times a year, and at least on trip a year to the Bahamas or Grand Cayman, etc., for the specific purpose of diving wrecks, and "mingling" with the sea life that inhabit these things. It would be nice if we had here a comparable wreck like the Vandenburg, Spiegel Grove, Tibbetts, Oriskany, Benwood, Mitzpah, Kittiwake, etc.

Having worked with the California Ships to Reefs crew, I'm a fan. Good to see this.

Signed!

Thanks for the signed!! Keep em coming!! Just found out that CSTR is still seeking to obtain Kawishiwi, and their trip to Washington DC had very good results. They have the epetition, paper signatures list, and the mail into your congressional leaders form, compiling all together. Can't say anymore, go to CaliforniaShipstoReefs.org to catch the latest update when they post it!! Keep on DIVING!!!

It was a great day of diving. Our research is going to alow us to put a wreck in the bay

Back
Top Bottom