Intro-to-Tech/Helitrox Deco Classroom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Running a special one-day classroom session in Toronto area (Whitby), March 16. This is a catch-up class for a couple of students and while it will cover everything needed for an I2T student, there will be a little more for the Helitrox candidate. Dives and pool time will be scheduled during classroom session.

A few more details here>>>

For a pricelist etc. PM me an email address and I will point you to a shared dropbox.

What are the prerequisites for the I2T?

I'm a PADI rec diver, but have been curious about tech diving. Would this be an appropriate course to take to see if tech diving is something I want to pursue? Or is this more intensive than a cursory introduction to tech diving? How long is the class?

J

I'm a PADI rec diver, but have been curious about tech diving. Would this be an appropriate course to take to see if tech diving is something I want to pursue? Or is this more intensive than a cursory introduction to tech diving? How long is the class?

J

The course is designed with one outcome in mind but for two slightly different audiences. The outcome is to open eyes and create a better understanding of team diving, self-awareness and detailed dive planning (proper gas planning for example). The audiences are those who intend to go on to take a "real" tech class (either helitrox deco or CCR or Advanced Wreck/Cavern/Cave, etc.) or sport divers who want to increase their skill level and develop a broader comfort zone in the water.

IT'S ALSO INTENDED TO BE FUN! LOL

I have to say that having done one of Steve's workshops that it will be serious and fun. Looking forward to the next one I get to do with him.
Just to add that my ideal would be to get the chance, time, and funds to do an AdvNitrox/ Deco Class with him. Already have Helitrox.

I'd also like to toss in a recomendation for Steve. I took a sidemount class from him and was impressed by his knowledge and ability to pass it on in a calm and patient manner. I have no doubt that this class would be any different.

Hi Steve,

How long is the class on that Saturday in Whitby?

Starts at 09:30-ish and will run until we all get bored and fall asleep... probably 4:30pm (16:30)

I think I am supplying sandwiches too!

There ya go! Free samiches. Those alone are almost worth me driving up for!

Too bad I'll be manning my booth and doing a presentation on "Tech Gear" for OW divers, students, and instructors at Scubafest in Columbus, Ohio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom