Trip Report: Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simply Awesome. Thanks for the review and the great pics!

Excellent pics, of course I'd expect that with your affiliation:D. Do divers need to be wreck certified to enter the Kittyhawk? My wife/dive buddy does not have that padi course cert but as open as the cutouts are I wondered what the restrictions are concerning penetration. Thanks, beautiful shots.

Do divers need to be wreck certified to enter the Kittyhawk?.

Any guided diver can enter the Kittiwake but, as I understand things, you need to be a DM with a Wreck Specialty cert. to guide on it. So, this only becomes an issue if you are planning to dive it on your own, without using a local dive op.

Do divers need to be wreck certified to enter the Kittyhawk?

No specialty cert needed to dive the Kittiwake. The DM gave the group a briefing and basically said if you see a very dark space with no visible exit point (other than the one you entered from), do not enter. Most of the spaces are wide open with at least two entry/exit points. From my recent experience, we did not need a guide for the dive. Enjoy!

Thanks, by the way, for your kind words. Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom