Aqualung lotus or libra?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm thinking of purchasing either the lotus or the libra. Obviously the Lotus has the i3, octo pocket and wrapture harness system which differs from the libra but is there anything else different about it? How about sizing?

Does anyone have a preference? I know there are lots of posts about the i3 so really my question relates to the other functions.

Also, can you attach the lotus to any standard regulator? (I'm sure I know the answer but I just want to be sure).

If you have tried both then you would have the information I seek.

Im aware that the lotus is about $100 more expensive but when you are already paying so much why not spend a bit more if it's worth it.

Thanks.

I have a Lotus which I now have about 125 dives on it and still love it as much as the day I bought it. A friend had one so I was able to try it in the water prior to purchasing. I've tried the Libra on in the store on several visits (as I wanted to be really sure before laying out that kind of money). Sizes seemed the same to me. I really don't like the shoulder inflate hose, absolutely love the i3, it just feels much more smooth to reach down to inflate/deflate and not have something else down my chest. You can use any standard reg.

May I ask which one you eneded up getting? I'm in a similar dilemma. I'm trying to decide between the Lotus (the non-i3 version) or the Libra. The Libra was not available in store to try on but it would be $200 less out the door than the Lotus since the Libra is a closeout (but still new with manu. warranty.) They have similar features and fit I'm just not sure since I haven't actually tried on the Libra.
-Amy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom