Scubapro Go BCD with Air2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R-balljunkie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
somewhat of a product review.

i have dove with a Zeagle ranger and a Sherwood Avid as of most recent. Both of these size large.

im 5'9" 190, with a somewhat stocky build.

I dive every weekend, and sometimes during the week, so my gear gets lots of use.

I purchased a Scubapro Go for an upcoming trip. After a few weekends of diving, I have to say, this thing fits like a glove. very happy with the overall performance, and has plenty of lift for any situation, like trying to float anchors, or position them for easy retrieval. The rings and zip up fron pockets are adequate to stash gear and attachments and the sizing is more generous than i thought whereas i had reservations about purchasing a medium. weighing in at 5 pounds, perfect for travel needs. i intend to use this as my every weekend dive BC as well as my travel BC. If anyone is thinking about purchasing one....definitely a thumbs up from me.

plenty of lift for any situation, like trying to float anchors, or position them for easy retrieval.
Glad you found a BC you like. Wondering about this comment though, are you basically using yourself as a lift bag? Sorry if I misinterpreted, but that is not considered a good idea. Something goes wrong and things come undone, you're shooting to the surface...

Thanks for sharing!

The Scubapro GO has been very popular for travel.

Glad you found a BC you like. Wondering about this comment though, are you basically using yourself as a lift bag? Sorry if I misinterpreted, but that is not considered a good idea. Something goes wrong and things come undone, you're shooting to the surface...

yeah, good catch. yes prob. not recommended. we boat dive 3 out of 4 weekends in a month, so plenty of practice doing this. the anchors are set in 20' or less and im usually positioning them for easy removal by placing them in a clear area and wrapping them.

you are right, not something i would suggest doing, as its a bit of a ballet doing it but i feel ok doing it after the dives are finished, and i've done my deco stop.

plan B is spending 20 minutes try to get the anchor free, then having to free dive for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom