DRIS shorty and the soft sock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
So I might be rigging my light wrong, but I have been looping the small metal split ring through the small cordura pull-tab type thing at the back end of the sock. It works, sort-of, turning the head (and the entire light) until the back is sufficiently twisted to provide enough traction to turn the light on, or off. Is there any better way to do this? I feel like this is killing the sock pretty quickly, especially if I do this multiple times on a dive (or as needed while free-diving).

I attach mine the same way and I know what you are talking about.

I also use a bolt snap on mine as well and have it clipped of to a D rink on my shoulder.

Once I descend and want to use the light, I unclip it and turn it on while I can hold the light itself. Then I put it on my hand and never touch it again until the dive is over.

I would think that if you are turning it on and off all the time with the sock on, that sock is not going to last very long.

Haha, I know you're there wabbit. I was hoping to find a more elegant solution than mine that still utilized the glove/sock thing. My hopes were to use it freediving where it's very unobtrusive on my hand, but there when I need it. Also don't need to be gripping it the entire time. Still might pick up one of yours for my original DRIS light, the big one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom