Apeks WTX4 wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dubaicrabbers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Afternoon

I have decided to get a wing as it seems like the rest of the world already has one, plus the majority of my club members, all willing to give advice on this wing and that wing, buy this, no dont, buy this one, depending on who you talk too, my poor brain :(

Diving Dubai on here, a member of my club, has decided to go for an Apeks system and having looked at them I quite like the look, the write ups and reviews seem good as well. Plus having an Apeks reg which I like makes me sway in this direction slightly as well.

I like the flexibility of the WTX4 as it will take both a single, I am getting steel 15 litres shortly, and twins; when I gain a bit more experience I intend to try twin ali 11 litre cylinders. Thinking ahead, if I add a side slung alternate supply will the lift be adequate? Not having a huge surplus of cash I want to ensure I get something that has a lot of life in it in terms of flexibility if you know what I mean.

I dive in the warm waters off of Dubai and Oman, mind you last week I was wearing a 3mm wet suit as the water was a chilly 22 Deg C!! Must be getting soft in my old age. I need around 12 - 14 lbs in this configeration, in the summer I dive shorts and T shirt and then the weight drops to 10lb.

Thoughts, suggestions from my more experinced dive buddies???????

Cheers

I would suggest getting a wing designed for singles if that's what you're diving--it's hard to imagine a wing wide enough for a set of doubles not wrapping around a single tank and trapping air. In addition, 45 lbs is a lot of lift for a diver in a 3mm suit carrying a single tank. A singles wing wih 20-30 lbs of life would be more reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom