Tuesday night dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Outside air temp 30F with freezing rain and snow on the ground. The wind is gusting but sometimes you just have to get in the water no matter what the weather is doing!

40 minutes ~ max depth 30" ~ water temp 102F

:D

Nice...I hope you didn't test out your new p-valve...

So Uncle Pug ... how 'bout a Wednesday afternoon dive? We're meeting at Cove 2 in about three hours (4 PM). Should be interesting getting down to the water's edge over snow-covered rocks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Lovely dive ... I got a max depth of 114, bottom time of 53 minutes. Huge octopus down at Olive's old den ... and some nice warbonnet sightings amongst the pilings on the way back up. The resident harbor seal was around the Honey Bear ... stirring up the silt as usual ... but never showed himself (I guess he wasn't hungry tonight).

Interesting to dive as a 5-person team ... and nice to dive with a group that's all experienced and compatible. Not to mention that we had the whole cove to ourselves ... just us and the critters, that is ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Actually, six-gill sightings this time of year are rare ... they're usually more active in the cove during the summer and fall. I don't know exactly why but I suspect it's related to fishing activity ... or more directly to the amount of use the fishermen make of the nearby cleaning station (that drains all the fish-guts back into the cove).

Uncle Pug's been wistful about seeing six-gills at Alki since earlier this year when my buddies and I spotted one just a few minutes after he and Shane had exited the water ... as much as we dive there, it's inevitable to run into them from time to time.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom