Becoming a Better Diver: Tips from a seasoned dive pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverWire

Contributor
Reaction score
(DiverWire) Contributing Instructor Szilvia Gogh wants to make divers safer. Here's a first-person story she wrote about a recent incident with a fellow diver.I was already in the water waiting for my girlfriends to join me for our first dive while on our “Miss Scuba” vacation in Malta when I spotted an undoubtedly distressed diver on the surface a short distance away. He appeared out of nowhere, well not really out of from nowhere. I knew that about a 100ft below him lay wreck “Rozi”. He mostlikely lost control of his buoyancy during his ascend and shot to the surface.As a scuba instructor my job is to bring people back alive from their dive trips. Even though I was on my holiday, I felt I had to help the distressed diver...
Keep reading: Becoming a Better Diver: Tips from a seasoned dive pro on Diverwire.com

More...

I thought this would be an interesting article with tips on better diving, but it is an ad for the poster's workshop.

Mainly In summer session traveler want underwater scuba diving but safety is must need so hire travel guide or trainer for your first dive.

Szylvia says that everywhere she goes, she finds divers in trouble and she has to save them. SB members, does this happen to each of you everywhere you dive?

Szylvia says that everywhere she goes, she finds divers in trouble and she has to save them. SB members, does this happen to each of you everywhere you dive?

Given the instruction provided by many Instructors today, Divers are not prepared in the same way as they once were. This lower level of competence cannot help but be reflected in how Divers dive. I've witnessed a large increase in poor skills, lack of knowledge and a lack of safe diving practices over the years. There are those who would say that the students just forget, or put aside what they were taught. Although this may be true to a point (skills can get rusty over time), I don't think that this argument is a valid one as this has always been the case. The training standards are lower and so is the quality of diver being produced. When profit trumps quality, this is often the expected result.

Honestly, no.

I've seen a lot of bad diving practices, but I have never had to intervene to save anybody.

Three times out of 2000 dives and none were due to a diver's lack of training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom